We have groups who meet monthly for:
- Book Club – these meetings are held in our homes and the discussion is always very diverse.
- Walking – there are some great walks around Brisbane.
- French Conversation – no expertise required just a willingness to try.
- Films – at the Graceville cinema on a Tuesday.
- Dining Out – experience a selection of great restaurants throughout Brisbane.
On the 3rd Thursday of each month we visit an interesting venue or attend a special event in a home.
We begin each year with a Games Day in a suitably air conditioned venue. Card games, Scrabble, Mahjong and any other game that takes someone’s fancy is used as an excuse to catch up with friends after the Christmas break.
A charity is chosen each year by our members. An event to raise some money for the chosen charity is arranged each year.
At our Christmas lunch we are joined by our daughters and daughters-in-laws. We also each give a gift to the members of the respite day care centre ‘Metropolitan Senior Citizens Club’.
The final event of each year is a Christmas Party where we celebrate, with partners, a year well spent and wish each other a very happy Festive Season.
We also arrange group attendances at the theatre and restaurants.
We also have special weekend trips with partners and friends – races, wine tasting trips.