Brisbane Ionian Club
We have groups who meet monthly for:
- Book Club – these meetings are held in our homes and the discussion is always very diverse.
- Walking – there are some great walks around Brisbane.
- French Conversation – no expertise required just a willingness to try.
- Films – at the Graceville cinema on a Tuesday.
- Dining Out – experience a selection of great restaurants throughout Brisbane.
On the 3rd Thursday of each month we visit an interesting venue or attend a special event in a home.
We begin each year with a Games Day in a suitably air conditioned venue. Card games, Scrabble, Mahjong and any other game that takes someone’s fancy is used as an excuse to catch up with friends after the Christmas break.
A charity is chosen each year by our members. An event to raise some money for the chosen charity is arranged each year.
At our Christmas lunch we are joined by our daughters and daughters-in-laws. We also each give a gift to the members of the respite day care centre ‘Metropolitan Senior Citizens Club’.
The final event of each year is a Christmas Party where we celebrate, with partners, a year well spent and wish each other a very happy Festive Season.
We also arrange group attendances at the theatre and restaurants.
We also have special weekend trips with partners and friends – races, wine tasting trips.
For historical reasons our monthly meeting are called ‘At Home’ meetings.
There is a luncheon following the meeting when there is often a guest speaker.
Our Birthday Luncheon is held in August.
Our AGM is held in September.
There is no Meeting held in January.
The June Meeting is the Presidents Lunch and is held at a different venue each year.
All Ionians are welcome at any of our ‘At Homes’.
Please contact our Secretary by email or post if you wish to attend.
USUAL MEETING VENUE
183 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill QLD 4000
If you are interested in joining the Brisbane Ionian Club or have any queries please send us a message using the form below.
Someone from the Club will contact you as soon as possible.
If you are interested in joining the Brisbane Ionian Club please send us a message from the Brisbane Club “Contact Us” page.
Someone from the Club will contact you as soon as possible. They will offer to meet you for a coffee to discuss club membership further.
Fees are due at the September AGM each year.
General Fees are $55 per year.
There is an additional $10 fee if you require a printed Newsletter, rather than the electronic version.
The basic requirements to become a member are;
- You were born outside the Brisbane area, provided an application for membership is made within 5 years of moving to the Brisbane area.
- You were born within the Brisbane area but have lived away from Brisbane for at least 2 consecutive years, provided an application for membership is made within 5 years of returning to the Brisbane area.
- You were born outside the Brisbane area or you have lived outside the Brisbane area for a period of at least 2 consecutive years, and you have experienced a recent significant change in your situation where membership of the Club would be beneficial, even if an application for membership is made after 5 years of moving/returning to the Brisbane area.